A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Swimming Lessons

I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing up. If it wasn't bad enough I'm getting ready to part with him for a full day this fall (he starts Kindergarden), he started swimming lessons yesterday. I think I was just as excited as he was when it was time to go. Since he loves school, going to "school" at the pool was extra special for him. This is something he's never done before, and actually has only been to a public pool once.

Since we live in a very small town that doesn't have a public pool, all the kids were sent to the next town over on a bus. Being a kid that lives in town a mile away from the school, riding the bus is also an adventure. I grew up in the country, so the bus was NOT a treat as I rode it every day lol. Chase on the other hand, couldn't barely wait in line to hop on that bus and go to his first swimming lesson.

There were no adults on the bus except for the bus driver, so I was a bit nervous. He made it back alright though, and I trust they had someone waiting at the pool to direct kids where to go. He made it back alright after his lessons, but minus his shirt. I should have known he would come back missing something, but at least it wasn't his shoes lol.

His lessons stretch for 2 weeks, and I've promised a day at the big pool in Newton when he's finished. That way he can show me all he learned. Although I might be sneaking over there for a few minutes to watch him today - I just can't help it because this is a big deal to us!

Of course Jillian is asking when SHE gets to go, and unfortunatly it won't be for another few years. She just starting her first year of preschool this year. I'm sure we are going to have lots of things like this, where Chase gets to do something and Jillian has to wait 2 years. But we'll survive, and Jillian seems to understand that even though she doesn't get to do it RIGHT now, she'll get to do it eventually.

My babies are growing up so fast! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home