A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I need organization!

You can always tell when I've been busy. I get quiet. I often forget or don't take time to pop in here and post progress. Being wahm can really be difficult at times. I assumed that once the kiddos went back to school that I'd have a lot more time to work. Wrong! I still have my now 4 year old here. Last summer he was so much easier to deal with. This year is a different story. He's now more interested in my computer and wanting someone to do something with him all the time. He's not as content anymore by himself. This has been a lot more strain on me. Luckily, we were just given a computer the other day. I need to get that thing hooked up right next mine and let him 'work' too.

I've also noticed a huge influx of ideas and projects. I have so many ideas floating around and so many projects started ... I no longer know where to start now. So, over at MomMasterminds I've been busily working on a 'to do' list. This list will probably never go away as I finnish one thing and add 3 more. But, thats okay. This list has helped me a lot and has me re-thinking a lot of things.
First of all. Not sure if you're aware but I have total of 7 websites. Some are mine, some are partnered (with Kara of course) and 2 of them aren't even finnished! Okay, so is the problem not enough time or too many 'projects'. Well, I definitely think it's a little of both.
As I work on my 'to do' list, I'll also be quietly working on re-arranging some of my 'other projects'. MommysHelperOnline.com is my baby and will continue to be. I don't think any amount of work will ever change that. A few other things are my favorites but will never compare to that one. Then I also have a couple that I've totally lost interest in completely. I believe those 2 have some real potential in the right hands.
I've decided first of all it's time to hire some help with 2 of my sites. One being WahmStateDirectory.com and the other TriCountyClassifieds.com The classifieds site is something I've been wanting to do for a long time being something for my local area. First things first...I gotta finnish that site. I have a couple of ideas for some Halloween Promotions so I'd like to get this one finnished soon. For both of these sites I'm gonna be on the lookout for 'helpers' to work on a commission base. I have some thoughts running through my head but for the classifieds, I'd like someone that has some HTML knowledge. I can teach a few things but don't really have time for full-blown training. Eventually, the candidate for WahmStateDirectory.com may get into some basic HTML but..not sure yet.
So basically, in my ramblings ... at MomMasterminds.com I've learned that its definitely time to work on one project at a time. Today's project?? TriCountyClassifieds.com Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Tsoniki said…

    Good luck with all of your ideas Anita! LOL I tend to jot down ideas and notes and then look at what I accomplish each week. There are not enough hours in the day that is for sure. :) Tsoniki

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    Thanks Tess! I've found myself accomplishing so much more by doing things this way. It's really improved my work habits and has made me work 'smarter' rather than 'harder'. Yeah, the person who invents the 48 hour day is going to be rich, rich, RICH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home