A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

What the heck do I want?

Wow! Whatta question!
I just read a fantastic article called
Climbing Mount Profit - Starting from the Top By John Reese of MarketingSecrets.com. He asked one of the most simplistic questions there is

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT?

Needs to be said again, Whatta question! Think about it right now...What the heck do you want? Let me guess, you answered with the same type of answers I did too. You want to make millions OR you want to make lots of money. Well, welcome to crowd...thats what we all want! But, guess what? It's the wrong answer! {Yup, really it is...}

What John said made absolute and complete sense! You need to find a REAL goal {meaning an actual dollar amount} Do you have any idea how many times I've thought about this myself? Yeah, my goals have been "I want to make enough money to be 'comfortable'." "I want to make enough money so my husband doesn't have to work anymore and I do all the supporting." But, really, what is that amount? How much do I have to make for that to be feasible? "What the heck do I want?"

I have a feeling I know exactly why I've never 'set an actual amount'. I'm afraid of failure! I'm afraid to set that amount and time to accomplish it to find out...I failed. Well, guess what folks? Failure is a part of life. Deal with it. It helps you grow and makes you stronger. If I don't reach my goal this month...Guess I just have to try again next month. Obviously, what I did last month didn't work, so hmmm..guess, I'll change it and do something that does work! Great learning experience. The saying "Learn from your mistakes." wasn't started for nothing.

Sooo, thanks to that article I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone {of course I'm gonna start small, still gotta get over that fear!}. I'm going to set a new goal to make $1000.00 a month. {I'd like to almost pay the mortgage myself} In the article John also describes the next step. Don't just think $1000.00 a month ... break it down. Break that ultimate monthly goal to a daily goal. Surprisingly enough, when I broke that down to a daily goal...It's only $33 a day! Yeah, I think I could do that! Okay, so I'm cheating and starting tomorrow! (LOL!)

So, my challenge to you is to make your monthly goal {an actuall $$$ amount} then, if you need...dig out that calculator and divide that number by 30. Go ahead, I'll wait. Do it now!

Hmm...pretty attainable now isn't it. Feel free to post it here too if you'd like. If you're a little shy. Please feel free to email me at anita@mommyshelperonline.com and share. I'd love to hear it! Together we can do anything!

What the heck do you want?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Too funny Anita! I've been doing that for months! LOL! Right now the goal is to get up to $170/day - yup $5,000 month. Going to require lots of work because well you know what happend with Yahoo and I'm staring at less than ok figures each day. :(

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    Good for you Nell! Thanks for sharing! We both can do it!

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Nell said…

    Update on this: I'm oh so close to the goal now I can taste it. I've reset my timeline, obviously, to $1,000 a month by May of this year and then $2,000 a month by the end of 2005.

    How are you coming on your goal? I was thinking back to when we chatted on Yahoo and I remembed this goal we both shared and I wanted to pop over here and update you and get an update from you! :)

    Nell

     

Post a Comment

<< Home