A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Office Depot & Nascar Contest

Okay, so I admit it. I'm somewhat of a Nascar Racing fan and have been for quite some time now. I remember as a little girl watching each Sunday race with my father who passed away 7 years ago. That tradition has stuck with me a little as I follow the races each Sunday. I at least tune in for the bigger part of each race. But, if there is a race that I watch to the fullest extent each year it's the Daytona 500. I describe it as the Super Bowl of racing except its the first race of the season instead of the last game.

Well, yesterday was the Daytona 500 and boy am I glad I was watching! Office Depot and Nascar have teamed up to create a contest that I'm pretty sure a lot of you may be interested in too...race fan or not. You can enter to become the "Official Small Business of Nascar". Now how cool is that? Not only do you only get to 'carry the name' but the prize package also includes:

"The business owner named on the winning entrant’s entry will receive a VIP Race Experience to the May 8, 2005 NASCAR race in Darlington, SC consisting of round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from major airport nearest to winner’s primary residence in the U.S., standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations for (3) nights, ground transfers to/from the airport/hotel/race while in Darlington, SC, grand stand tickets for winner and guest, a VIP track tour for winner and guest, $250 worth of NASCAR-licensed memorabilia selected by Sponsor (for winner only) and a $1,000 Office Depot shopping spree (for winner only). In addition, business owner’s company name or logo will be identified on the Office Depot race car for the May 8, 2005 race (identification will only appear in this race and will be in a location and in a size and prominence determined by Sponsor). Plus business owner will receive a check in the amount of $6,000, an assortment of stationary supplies selected by Sponsor and access to pre-approved "Official Small Business of NASCAR" marks for letterhead, business cards, fax cover sheet, press release, name plates, counter cards, window decal, and in-store signage."
(Excerpt from Office Depot website)

Race Fan or not. I'm sure each of us could use that kind of publicity! Oh, yeah...and going to the race in Darlington would be pretty darn awesome too...again race fan or not. I've already submited my entry and I encourage each of you to do so also.

Theres two ways to enter. Online at http://www.officedepot.com/racing or you can go to an Office Depot store near you to enter.

Let me know if you enter! Oh and if you happen to be the lucky winner...I want to hear about it too! Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home