A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Making Christmas Gifts This Year

After some careful thought about the amount of junk toys out there, I decided this year I was going to make my kids Christmas gifts this year. Not that I'm completely boycotting Amazon or any of my other favorite online stores, but I'm just not going to spend near $200 on toys that will be lost, broken, or unused in 6 months. They'll get a few things, such as another My Little Pony and perhaps an educational toy or tow, but aside from that, they'll be getting useful handmade items.

Right now I've got a few things in mind, but still trying to come up with more ideas. They'll each be getting their own full size pillow - Strawberry Shortcake for Jillian and Spiderman for Chase. Also, Jillian will be getting some clothes for her baby dolls. I've also got some odd beads around here, so will be making a few cheap bracelets for Jillian (chances are they are going to get broke, and while I won't be happy when it happens, at least I know it didn't cost all that much!). They are so little, they really don't need much. Here I thought I was spoiled growing up, but my children have more toys at 3 and 5 then I did my entire childhood!

Didn't know I could sew? Yeah me either! Well actually I knew, but had totally forgotten about it. Isn't that sad? Guess I didn't have time to think about anything else! Now that I've realised what I can do, you can't hardly stop me. :p

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger weniki said…

    I think that is a great idea.
    I stillhave things my mom has made me from childhood

     

Post a Comment

<< Home