A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Motivation for Boring Work

Well I got enough motivation to really sit down and write an outline for what I must do to meet my new income goals. I have much work ahead of me, this is for sure, and much of it very long and boring. *sigh* I was ready to go this morning, but after writing 20 pages of the same type of information (product reviews), I started to see the long road ahead of me. While it's true those pages will last one of my blogs for almost a month, I plan to start other similar blogs like that one. 10 more to be exact, adding up to another 200 pages of content. YIKES! It's not that they take me all that much time, it just gets extremly boring after awhile. Although the benfits should greatly exceed the work put into it. I already know the potential that lay before me, because I've seen it in action before. This time around will be slightly different though, since I'll be working with blogs instead of websites.

If I may do some thinking outloud here, I see these blogs hitting there full potential in about 5 months. That's about how long it too Idea Queen to fully take off, although since we are dealing with blogs here it may be sooner than that. I sure hope it is, but I can't get discouraged if it doesn't.

So anyway, regardless of how boring this was today, I'm still excited about where this is going to lead me. It only took me about 4 hours to create all 20 pages to be used one at a time on the blog (5 per week). I could easily do this once or twice a week and never run out of ideas.

This isn't my only project, so won't be done daily, but even still the income potential is very high! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Carrie Huggins said…

    Hey Kara,
    If you're dreading something you could always outsource that. Perhaps some of your site visitors would be willing to write product reviews (esp. if you let them add their link). Or you could pay someone else to do it.
    Just a thought!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    That's not a bad idea really, but I'm afraid the return wouldn't be as much if I did that. I need to test the return on this before I can outsource. Even then it doesn't take all that much time, it's just uber boring lol.

    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definately think about that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home