A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

She's Making a List and Checking It Twice

The other day at Mommy's Helper Community message board we were brainstorming on what we were doing to get ready for Christmas. I did a bit of "thinking out loud", and realised I wanted to see my sales from Soy Wax Candles go up up up. Understanding I don't have a lot of time to work on promotion I've thought up some quick was to boost sales. Yesterday and today I got catalogs done and printed, along with order forms to go in those catalogs.

Then today I started making a list of past customers and will eventually include family memebers and friends that I'll be sending catalogs to. With Christmas comming up, now would be a perfect time to get these sent out.

I've also got a promotional material bookmarked because it's just too cute to pass up: http://www.treasuresfromdj.net/catalog.php?category=Scratch%20Off%20Cards
I know I want to send out discount offers with these catalogs, and those just seem perfect. Before I jump in to buying, I have to do some more thinking first. I might just use basic coupons that I'll print out here for this season, and those scratch offs at a later date. Might see how Christmas season goes first before I spend money on something like that (just call me cheap lol).

The rest of this week I'll be making plans to send these catalogs out and estimating on the total cost verses the return rate. Will post updates!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Hi Kara! I see you're keeping busy! I hope you're doing well. I found your blog through your Ryze page...my blog is http://darligraphy.blogspot.com/ ...it's addictive isn't it? Darla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home