A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Breaking My Own Rules

Here it is, 6pm and I'm still here. I was here yesterday just before supper too, plus I was here over the weekend. How is this breaking my own rules? Well, last summer I set a rule for myself that when it was time to make supper I was done with work, and I wouldn't even think of anything work related on the weekends. You would think I would have learned my lesson last summer, and even Sunday night when I gave myself a migrane. Nope, here I sit, comming up with excuses like "well since I was gone for part of the day......." and "just this one thing and I'll be done...". Amusing that I'm making excuse to work instead of not working haha.

At least all my "bad" behavor and over-working is amounting to something. I'm just a little closer to reaching my main goal of seeing at least one sale a day with Soy Wax Candles. So far I've gotten over 40 catalog requests (just about comming in faster than I can print them!), and gained 3 new customers - all in the past week. Still waiting to see a customer from mailing out the catalogs, but I'm definately not worried I haven't seen any just yet. It hasn't even been a week yet since I mailed out the first one!

Today while I didn't quite make it to the message boards to do my daily networking (I was busy putting together catalogs most of the day!), I did manage to get 2 new sections up on Soy Wax Candles. One was set up just for Christmas and the other will be a perminate link (a temporary has been put up on the main page).

The Christmas page was more a benefit for the search engines since most can be found on other pages, although it has benefit for my normal visitors as well. There is one product that can only be found on this page, and that's a Christmas scent sampler pack which has 9 tin candles (one for each holiday scent on the site).

The other page, titled Gift Packages, features products in special packages. Included in the packages are some bath and body products, not just candles. There are currently only 4 packages set up on the page right now, but I have plans to make up more in the near future. Tomorrow I'll be sending out another press release announcing this new feature, and in about 2 weeks I'll be sending out a flyer to my snail mailing list with an order form.

Whew, it's been an extremely busy week with very few breaks. I see a nice week or two Christmas vacation for me again this year. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home