A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Free day with a lot accomplished

I always think of Friday as somewhat of a "free day" for me. I don't usually use a to do list, and basically set out to just do some "scanning" of message boards and what not. I do non-business things like pay bills and play games even. Well today it seemed like I got more done that normal and the day isn't even over yet. I think sometimes we need those free days, with loose scheduals, to discover things we may not have if we were trying to get something else accomplished.

As you know from reading the blog, I've been putting some major focus on Soy Wax Candles. More specificially right now the catalogs, partially to see what kind of return I get and if it's worth the cost. That was this week's major task, and I may just start on some new task next week like seeking those to do catalog shows for me. I would need to put some more thought into good incentives though, and put together a little packet of information.

I would say that my week of promoting the free catalogs has done quite well, since I've gotten a total of 6 catalog requests in the past 3 days. Today I posted to a few freebie sites and catalog directories and am waiting for a reply. I found a short list of catalog directories here. You will have to weed through them, as some don't have a submission option and are purely for the owner's profit, but some do allow you to submit your catalog for just a link exchange. I also did a quick search on "freebies" and submitted to a few freebie websites. They also just required a link back to their website.

Posting to the freebie websites got me thinking of other low cost advertising I could do on websites like this, such as offer free coupons and whatnot. This may be something I work on another week.

Focusing on just one task for one website has proven so far to be a very good thing!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home