A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Cutting it close...

Late Friday afternoon I thought up a what I thought was a neat little Holiday Promotion. Problem is I'm cutting it real close to deadline! I really wish I had thought about it earlier but, eh...I still have some time left and the response rate has been unbelievable considering how little promotion I've done so far.

I came across the idea while I was updating my Wahm Resource Directory. Kara had mentioned the fact that Yahoo! doesn't like dead links. (So, there's your free tip for the day!) I thought it was about time to make sure all my links were in working order. I really pride myself in that directory. It really is one of THE largest Wahm Directories around.

The Holiday Promotion I had come up with is perfect because I manage to hit lots of things at once. First, I guess I ought to tell you what the promotion is! For each Directory Listing Purchased for in my Wahm Resource Directory I'll be sending out a FREE Letter from Santa to their child. :)

Why is this so perfect for me?

Well, for starters, I'll be honest. I could definitely use a little extra spending money for Christmas. (Who couldn't? Don't you ever wish there really was that big guy in the red suit...you know the one who seems to get all the credit?!? LOL!)

These listings are only $10, they are Lifetime Memberships and the buyer has the choice of 2 categories to be listed under. Directory listings are one of the best paid advertising you can buy. Why? Because they're considered as backlinks. More backlinks equals better Search Engine Results. So, these listings already sell themselves without too much effort.

Next reason is I have to put on a deadline. You know...Limited time offer. Offering a limited time offers are nice because you're letting your clients know that they have to act fast or else they'll miss out. This solves the 'I'll think about it...and forget it' problem. I mean think about it...I'm sure Wal-Mart has it right when they offer special prices on a limited amount of goods for only a few short hours on one day a year?!? How's that for Limited? (Have you ever been to Wal-Mart at 6:00 in the morning on black Friday? I have been for many years...and let me tell you...It's Insane! LOL!)

Now for what I think is the very best reason for me to do this. First of all...It's fun for me. I like 'playing Santa' and sending out these letters. Next, as a lot of you already know my daughter and I were going to set up her own personalized letters site quite a while back ago. This project unfortunately got set on the back burner and since school has started, it's really gotten set back. So, now I'll be able to get a Real feel of how she feels about it. Because, I'll have her doing a lot of the letters (with pay of course). I'm not sure who's more excited about it. Her or I? She's only 8 and she has the entrepreneur brain of a genius (Nah, I'm not biased at all! LOL!) But, on a serious note...I think this is really going to be good for her and I'm really looking forward to getting them all set up with her.

I'll be adding another feature today for mother's to purchase additional letters for a small fee. I'm not looking to make any extra off the letters themselves so, I'm thinking just making the additional ones about $3. This will cover the cost of the paper, ink, postage and of course fees for my daughter. There's a lot of families with more than one child so, I thought this option would be a nice additive.

Oh, and I almost forgot...Click here if you wanna see about getting a FREE Santa Letter sent to your child!

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home