A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Think and Grow Rich

If you just read Anita's post, then you already know what I've been up to. Last week I got a free copy of the popular business book "Think and Grow Rich". It's been on my "To Read" list for a year or two now, and I'm so proud of myself for actually getting around to reading. Well, of course it was a stroke of luck I got the chance to download it for free.

If you have never read the book, or never even heard the name, I suggest you run out now and pick up a copy. Check the library, check the net, or even stop in at Amazon and grab one. This book is amazing, and I'm not one that usually raves this much about books. Heck it's not even that often I even READ a book. Bad me I know, and that's all about to change I can just see it now.

I don't want to give too much away about this book, because really the importance of it comes from reading and studying each and every page. At the begining of the book, it suggest you read just one chapter every night and put every lesson learned into action. That's the real key, and one bit of direction I needed. I've gotten in the bad habit in the past of reading half a book, then never getting back to it for some reason or another. This book on the other hand, I can't put down. As much as I want to read the next chapter on some nights, I know better to waite until the next.

Another thing I should mention about this book is you won't see the true benefits and beauty of it unless you are READY for the information and lesson they give. I admit, I'm the type that will maybe look at a few things in a book and say "blah, I'll just skip that, it's not worth my time". This book stresses not to do that, but to really give each task and lesson everything you've got. You know what? I have been! Yes me, the "skipper".

Before I run off to read my chapter of this book for tonight, let me just give you an example of what this book has done for me so far. Last night I made my "To Do" list as usual, but with more direction than I've had in a very long time. I've been seeing more motivation in myself for the past few days and it's been great! But that's not my example or my proof - my "proof" was that today's "To Do" list was completely done - and it only took the morning! In the afternoon I moved right on to what I had planned on doing tomorrow, and got half of THAT done! How's that for motivation? *Grin*

If you can't find a free copy, Think and Grow Rich is available at Amazon for under $10!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Carrie Huggins said…

    It is a great book, and especially page 36 with the "formula". It's one I reread and refer back to all the time. :)

    Carrie
    http://www.lemony-snicket-stuff.com

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Definately! I did love that "formula" and what has probably helped the most so far. Of course all the other parts tie in too ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home