A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

We Made Christmas Ornaments!

Between all the parties, the goals, the shopping, and all the Christmas celebrations online and offline, I set aside some time this weekend. Both kids had a BLAST making Christmas Ornaments on Friday and Sunday.

Friday we rolled out the dough, and used cookie cutters to make the shapes. They got to choose which ones to do and took turns cutting them out. Of course I watched over to make sure each had one of everything.....I knew a fight would break out later if I didn't.

Sunday once everything was cooled and hard we painted them. Yes both kids - 2 yrs and 4 yrs. It was messy, but both did a great job getting more pain on the ornaments then the table. I was proud! Even the 2 year old understood and did a really good job painting. Although she was not happy when I said we were done. :( When the paint was dry we got out the glue and I asked where they wanted to put it so we could add glitter to their creations. Yes I did help with the glue part, I figured I probably better. They got to sprinkle the glitter over the ornaments though, so that made them happy. Again when I said we were done the 2 year old threw a fit, but she was due for a nap so that didn't help matters.

Over all we had a GREAT time and I know once we finally get our tree up they are going to love seeing their creations decorating the tree. We had such a good time I belive we might do this again and make gifts for the grandparents and other relatives. :)

If you want to make ornaments, there is a list of recipes at: http://www.momsmarketonline.com/christmas-ornaments.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home