A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Featuring Soy Candles

So far my "test" marketing idea of only having certain candles available for a short amount of time has been successful. This week we released our first set of candles in three scents, which are only available for a short time. It resulted in one sale after just one day, so I see that as a good thing. I do believe the idea really needs to catch on, and when those on my newsletter begin to see different items each week it will create more of an immediate need. I imagin it would also be better if I had a better quality mailing list, but that I'll be working on later. For now I'm focusing a bit more offline, since summer is approaching.

Since it's almost summer, we are planning on attending several local events. Of course while working on this, I had more ideas for the Direct Sales Helper project.

This candle project is far from over, and it's going to take a lot of effort on my end to build up a good customer base. I do feel like I'm starting from scratch, but at least I have somewhere to start and some contacts lined up already before this began. Not many, but still it's a start. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home