A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Singing the Dial Up Blues

You know, I remember singing this same tune quite a long time ago. When oh when is this area going to get with the times?!? I've been searching and searching to be able to get a DSL connection here and still to no avail. :(

I started getting real excited when I seen an advertisement on tv last night for NetZero's New 3G Service. Dial-up that is "supposed to be" as fast as Broadband. I looked it up this morning and well, got even more excited. If it weren't for the fact that it was coming from NetZero I probably wouldn't have even investigated further. It really looked too good to be true! I researched the site over and was just about to say, ah,let's give it a try. Till I found the fateful "Check availability in your area" link. Yup, you guessed it...not available here! GRRR! I'm so ready to throw in the towel!

Oh! I'm sorry, I'm lying! I did come across something from another company available here. Here's the price rundown:

Satellite Internet (Available) Downstream speed of up to 400 Kbps
Monthly Charge: $ 69.95/month
Equipment Charge: $ 749.95
Installation Charge: $ 249.95

Umm..thanks, but no thanks! The only way that I would consider that to be an option is if I had NO internet connection at all! LOL!

So, in the meantime....I'll keep singing my blues!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Carrie Huggins said…

    Ack!
    How do you STAND it? I don't know how anyone who does business online could live without DSL.
    Keep singin' honey and I hope they get it out your way soon!

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    How do I stand it?? Let's just say it's getting harder and harder every day! I really wish someone around here would wake up!! LOL! *SIGH* Someday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home