A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, July 11, 2005

I met Rupert!!!

Okay, Survivor fan or not you MUST have heard of Rupert Boneham from somewhere, lol! Rupert was "America's Favorite Survivor". He didn't win the million dollars from the Survivor show itself but, CBS held another contest for America to choose their Favorite Survivor and Rupert won. (Of course I voted for him too!)

We met him over the weekend at the 4 Wheel Drive Jamboree (yup, hubbies a gearhead). Rupert is sponsoring the Raminator Monster Truck and we was there to show off the truck and meet fans. I really wasn't sure we were going to get to meet him face-to-face because when I first got in line...there was probably a good hour wait. If it was just hubby and I there I wouldn't have had a problem but we also had our 4 year old son. It was pretty warm and I believe standing in line was the last thing he would have wanted to do.

While I was standing in line a huge thunderstorm was on it's way and they announced it over the loud speakers that it was coming with 50 - 60 mph winds. We thought we had better head to the vehicle. On our way there the rain beat us and we stopped underneath a vendor booth to wait it out a bit. As the rain died down to a very mild drizzle we headed back to Rupert's stand. When we got there...we only waited about 10 minutes!!!

Let me tell you ... Rupert was a super, super nice guy! He was absolutely friendly to everyone he spoke to. And it wasn't just a rush through type of autograph session ... he really seemed to care! I mean really, how many millionairres do you see running around in a tie dyed tank top and dirty jeans?!? He is such a "down to earth" kind of person!

I also learned a little bit of something he did with his money. If you don't know already he started a foundation called Rupert's Kids

From the website...

Rupert’s Kids, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to changing lives by empowering youth to discover their inner strengths, realize their own self worth and their value to society. Rupert’s Kids facilitates this process by providing mentoring and educational programming to youth through the rehabilitation of housing for low-income families. Through Rupert’s Kids, we can realize the potential in every young person by building upon the Rupert Philosophy of Life: Life is Good. Be You. Give Back.


You can buy all kinds of "Rupert Merchandise" there (including the infamous tye dyed shirts). All the proceeds go to Rupert's Kids.

Anyway...we had a blast and I was so thrilled to meet him (as you can see below) And as most of you know, I'm very "graphically challenged" so you'll have to take my word that the pictures I have here at home are much better than these, lol!

See, I told you I was graphically challenged! After many failed attempts...click here to see the pictures, lol!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Marti said…

    Rupert sounds like a really swell guy! I am so happy for you and your family to have met him!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate your visit and comments! I am going to put your blog on my RSS Feed (now that you've taught me how- LOL!) Thank you for that, and a hundred other tips and tricks I have learned from y'all!

    Have a wonderful weekend! I am going to try to learn to sleep through the thunder of DDR - LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home