A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Moms - Why must we torture ourselves?

Last weekend my baby (yes, my little baby girl) turned 10! Or as my mother-in-law so nicely put it ... she's over half way till she's gone. (Oh geez, thanks for the reminder, lol)

We were out of town for a family reunion so we didn't really "officially" have a party for her. I told her that on Saturday we can have a little party at my mother-in-laws so we can all go swimming. What a surprise she's going to get tonight when my mom "takes her out to dinner" and we're all there waiting for her with gifts in tow. And she'll be even more surprised when she finds out that all her little friends there are coming home with us for a sleepover! (Which is why I ask the question of torture! LOL)

I've been promising her a sleepover for oh so very long now ... bad mommy just never got around to planning it. So, I'm sure she'll be absolutely thrilled! I ordered bunnies from Stuff A Friend for her and her friends to put together when we get home.

But the worst part of all of this ... Last night I went to Walmart to pick up some party favors, goodie bags etc. She had mentioned before that she'd like a "puppy theme". Of course, don't you know that they didn't have anything with puppies on them. So, I'm browsing around figuring I can find something that she'd be just as happy about. JUST LAST YEAR - I was still buying her Barbie and the Princess items. Waaahh! What happened?!? I wouldn't DARE get away with that now! I settled on a "That's So Raven" theme. I'm sure she'll love it but dang ... she's my baby!! I told her to stop growing. But she continues to defy her mother :(

That's okay ... getting through this is tough enough. In less than 3 short weeks ... my other baby starts Kindergarten! Ugh, what's a mom to do?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home