A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Friday already!?

I can't believe it's the end of the week already - seems like I should have another few days to accomplish a few more things. I never feel satisfied unless I can look back over the week and really see all the things I managed to get done. Looking back over this week I just can't see anything of major importance that I did other than build a mailing list and get a few parties scheduled. Well I did get the Christmas party all ready to go as well as write a few press releases, so I suppose it wasn't that bad of a week after all.

As far as my goals go, I'm still not happy with where I'm sitting at the moment. The online list goal was to hit 200 in just a few days, and after a week the list is only at 180. I never did finish submitting to the rest of the contest lists, and really wish I could have. Just not enough hours in the day. :( I hate using that excuse....

The offline mailing list is now up to 100, which I'm very happy with that number. I did have to make a change to the catalog request form - because I was getting so many requests and spending so much I had to start charging a $1 for catalogs, but including a $2 off coupon per request. Since making the change I have yet to receive a request, so that troubles me a bit. I'm hoping that will change though.

I am happy that I have 4 events are scheduled so far, but a bit disappointed they are parties that I've scheduled and not with hostesses. I suppose it's a start though, and hopefully I'll be able to schedule some hostess parties from these I have scheduled. I realise that once I just get the first few scheduled that more will follow. It would be nice to see at least 2 or 3 a week, and may be my next mini goal. With 2-3 parties a week I'm thinking my goal of one sale a day should be no problem. That and of course in combination with my offline and online mailing lists. ;)

More ideas yet to come, all of which I'll be posting here. There's nothing as exciting to me than watching a site grow from nothing to a profit producing project. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home