A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Talking with a fellow Wahm

No, I don't mean talking in a chat room, on instant messenger, on the boards, or even email. I'm talking good ole fashioned picking up the telephone and really talking (with your mouth...not your keyboard). Have you done that lately or yet, even? Today I had the absolute pleasure of talking with Patty Gale from http://www.pattysprettypaper.com. First of all I gotta say Patty's a really nice gal and I really enjoyed speaking with her. Secondly, it was oh so very nice to really talk with someone about our home businesses. For once I wasn't chatting with a four year old about which monster truck goes faster; Grave Digger or Spiderman (Grave Digger of course!). I wasn't even talking with my husband or mother who honestly don't have a clue as to what I do. No, I was talking with a real live work at home mom who deals with the same things as I do from day to day. Let me tell you...it was sweet! Try it sometime; you'll be impressed!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Nell said…

    I'm so not a phone person. I must admit I'm a different person on the phone then online or even in person. I've never been comfortable with the phone BUT I have talked to other mom business owners from time to time and its the only time I enjoy the phone!

    I LOVE my business. I love working in my business and talking about business and marketing ideas...etc...so its always ablast to talking to another mom who shares your passions and knows how it is to be a business owner and mom :)

    Nell
    www.mommysplace.net
    http://mommastermindsjourney.blogspot.com
    www.yourvirtualrighthandwoman.com

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    You're very welcome...I meant every word of it ;) Yes, adult conversation is something I really crave more of sometimes since working at home too. I too felt as I already knew you...we must have felt something to have been talking for an hour, LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home