A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Where I went Christmas shopping

Wow, all I have to say is I'm so proud of myself for actually getting all my shopping done with a full 2 weeks left before Christmas. I'm NEVER done shopping this early, but I have the internet to thank this year!

Just for fun, I thought I would post where I went shopping this year and what I got everyone (exspecially the kids).

My first "stop" was before Thanksgiving even, and I managed to get stocking stuffers for the kids plus a few gifts for the big kids. I went to www.EasyBakeGreetings.com and picked up a greeting cake for each of the kids (Says "For a Very Special Kid!" on the front), plus 2 others that said "Merry Christmas" for other family members.

Next I contacted one of my very dear friends online, Patty King, that sells Gabby Goodies. I got a Spinach Dip for my mom, since she had bought a similar one at a craft show a few months ago and has been looking for another ever since. My uncle got a bag of gourmet coffee, and my other half some French Vanilla Coco mix. I gave in and he got it early, and he absolutely LOVED IT! Oh and I just HAD to pick up some tea for myself as well. ;)

I found soup mix for my grandparents at a craft show back in October, so that was taken care of long ago. Had I not found it, I would have probably bought something similar from a WAHM online.

Last night was the last of my shopping, and it was all for the kids. I looked around for some things here and there, but finally settled on items from Amazon. This has become my favorite place to shop online for kids stuff. I tried my hardest to avoid getting them tons of toys, but what else are you suppose to get kids for Christmas? I did manage to pick up some craft-like items, but they are still getting quite a few toys. I thought I did pretty good though, spending less than $100 but still feeling like I went overboard. Here's a few things I got them:

Create-A-Scene Magnetic Playset: Construction Site (for Chase, who's 5)
Magnetic Fairies (for Jillian, who's 3)
Playdoh Make-A-Meal (for both of them)

There were some other items as well, but those were a few things that stuck out. I'm just still in shock my shopping is completely done! Now all I'm missing is the wrapping paper....you didn't really think I was THAT organized now did you? HA!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said…

    Lucky you to have money for shopping.

    The money I have now is going into my literary project. And the anthology I am working on must be sent to my agent before Christmas.

    Be happy.

    God bless.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Oh I definately know the feeling! There's so many toys out there that are just JUNK, and finding gifts for some is just hard. My dad is one of those "hard to shop for" kind of people. He doesn't like food, doesn't need nicknacks, and has been given enough shirts and sweatshirts over the past 20 years to last him the rest of his life! Every year I have to really think hard to come up with something decent for him, and this year I didn't do the best of jobs. :( I know he doesn't care that much, but still...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home