A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Candles, Cakes, and Homework

Today could not be more jam packed of things I need to get done. While the homework isn't technically due until next week, I sure would like to get caught up in the class and have it done when it's suggested. This on top of a program I haven't even started which is HUGE and due in a less than 2 weeks.

The house isn't even close to clean, and my daughter's birthday party is on Sunday. Why can't I clean tomorrow? Because we have a craft show all day. When I get home from that, don't expect me to do a single thing except veg out on the couch. What can I say, during the week I'm so lazy that standing on my feet for several hours on the weekend wears me out fast.

Speaking of the craft show, I have brochures to print. We didn't go through as many as I thought we would last weekend, so I probably only need to print out 30 or so. No big deal, I can do that in between baking. Which brings me to my next job.....

Not only do I have to clean for the party, but I also have to make her cake. I was going to take the easy way out and buy a blank cake at Walmart, but decided I really didn't need to go to Newton for any other reason and making the cake would probably take less time and energy. It's not that I like baking, I just don't see it as a "big job". Maybe it's because I have a small kitchen, I don't know. Baking and cooking just never seemed like a "job"....just one of those things that has to be done like, breathing.

So maybe I shouldn't be here rambling, I should be up getting to do some of this "must do" crap. Does anyone remember what a "normal" day is like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home