A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Couch Kid Today

Today is one of those days where I'm just giving up hope of productivity early. I've got on kid sick on the couch, and the other thinking it's funny to mess with the sick kid. I would think the sick kid would get bored out here in the front room with out cable TV or any type of entertainment, but now I'm startign to understand. The other kid has been banished from the front room and sentanced to spend the day in the living room (aka the toy and TV room), so the sick kid is getting some peace and quiet.

Of course, sick kid is mad at me right now because I called him into school. I've heard several times in the last hour "I want to go to school!", which is still way beyond weird to me. When I was a kid, I hoped for those sick days so I didn't have to go. Of course I didn't have cable when I was a kid, so when 1pm rolled around and there was nothing to do but watch soap operas or educational television, I was starting to rethink my decision of staying home. 3pm I REALLY had wished I would have gone, because I wasn't allowed to do normal non-sick things.

Anyway, in addition to keeping sick kid separate from the other kid, I've got to get my house picked up by noon since my dad and a contractor are coming out. I usually get most of my housework done on the weekends, but was at a craft show all weekend. So nice of my dad to schedule this on Monday at noon after I've been gone for the past 3 days. I'm so behind on dishes it's not even funny. Laundry too, but that's easy to hide at least.

I had better get to work concidering I haven't even had a shower yet and the upstairs is a COMPLETE mess. It's an off limit area so I don't often bother to clean my own room. Looks like I'm going to HAVE to now! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home