A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Email Marketing

What is spam? The definition of spam can be very simple. Unsolicited email. Plain and simple. Information sent to my email that I didn't request. I don't care if you're offering a special, affiliate program or business opportunity. Spam is spam is spam.

We all get spam from time to time and probably more often than not. Usually I simply delete the email and move on. Today for some reason I decided to not delete this specific email. One reason might have been the fact that it was sent out in a small mass. There was quite a little list of everyone who recieved this same spam. Of course not hiding everyone else's email address either. Here is what the email said:
"I have a new group that I have been working on for a while now. I think this will work. I am only taking one person from one business. SO apply fast. When the spot is full you will be denied.
This is to help those in business become successful.
Thanx

XXXX"
I've left out the name of the writer of course. I do have to mention though, I haven't left out the link. The link wasn't even in it?!? I simply replied with a "Please do not spam me". To in which was replied with "I did not spam you...I sent the message to the whole group."
I then copied and pasted where she had sent it to my own personal email address and not a group.

Now, this is where you have to be careful of what you do and say again (Just as Kara had mentioned in an earlier post here) online. I honestly believe my simple response of "Please do not spam me" was handled very nicely. Little does this person know what could actually be done to her for things like this. The response I was given was very unprofessional and the way she handles her business shined right through. I was not so nicely told that she was not spamming me, she was simply sharing a Business Opportunity and how wrong it was to accuse her of spam.

Okay, okay...I'll stop with the back and forth and back and forth because it does get much worse. Apparently this person is not aware of what spam is and isn't. Hmmm...shall we even try to figure out how many business opportunities are available on the internet? Nearly impossible to even guess. Let's just say for example that there were only 1000 business opportunities available. (Don't we all wish) Now, spam is legal and all 1000 people are allowed to just email any ole one with their business opp. Need I say more??

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Oh boy I can get on this topic for awhile. I am so aggravated when I get spam from a WAHM. We have a ton of opportunities to share our message with the community - we don't have to spam their email addresses!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    You are absolutely right Kelly! What irritated me the most was when this person argued with me as to wether or not it was spam. When I tried explaining, it just made it worse and the person got defensive. So much for trying to help a person out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home