A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just a small section...

Ok ok, so my posts here are getting EXTREMLY boring. I guess it's time I post a piece of this story eh? This is actually from Chapter 2, and it's just a section of it. If anyone demands more, I may post more or even start posting Chapters to read. ;)

Since my parents believed I was old enough to fight, I had a sudden sense of empowerment. I took a deep breath, looked my mother in the eye, and spoke with such passion that I even startled myself.

"NO mother, I will NOT. My work as a mundane in Piet is not finished, and I will not leave my friends. You will just need to take some other CHILD instead!".

My mother was taken back by my stern statement. Never before had I spoken to either of my parents in such a way, as they both had always intimidated me with their large metal armors and sharp weapons. She gave me an odd look and paused for a minute, not sure of how to respond to her daughter's new attitude. Finally she spoke.

"Fine. You are so weak and talent less, I don't imagin you would make a good warrior anyway. Stay here you worthless child. We must go meet our political sponsors and are late as it is."


Want more or did you think it wasn't that good? Let me know either way, I appreciate feedback. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger June Owatari said…

    Ooh, I'd love to read more... perhaps the beginning?!

    You inspire me to rewrite the fantasy story I wrote (and never finished) awhile ago... but I doubt I'll get around to it today.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Here pretty soon I might just post the begining somewhere on a website. Well, maybe. It needs to be spell checked and double checked for errors though, but I might be able to get at least the first 2 Chapters up tonight. I guess I have several more hours now don't I? Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home