A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

My Intro and Change of Plans

Hello everyone! I'll be taking the "second shift" of our blogathon today. I realise there is probably quite a few reading all the blogs so let me give a little intro. My name is Kara, and like Anita I am a WAHM (work at home mom). With Anita I co-own several websites dedicated to helping WAHMs, plus have my own projects here and there. Some of my personal projects include Idea Queen, Prairie Soy Candles, and a poetry website.

I love music, poetry, and yes even online games *gasp!* (I don't think I've ever admitted that before!). Because much of what I set up online is automatic, I do spend time playing games online. I'm not one that likes to watch TV, and I love to set goals, so I'm usually drawn to games that allow me to play for a long period of times (months, even years).

I also have a pretty good imagination, and I like to write when the mood strikes me. Today I was going to finish up my challenge for Idea Queen, but I'm going to admit that I'm stuck. Best not to force these things, and I have added a page or two this week.

So today my challenge is expanding on a fiction story I've been writing based on one of the games I play. Let's hope I can get a little done in between posts!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    hehehe Kara.. you have admitted your gaming addiction before - YIM counts as online ROFL!!

    Great to see you and Anita blogging today - I'm trying to keep up with several blogs lol (not participating today - dd's birthday party is today), but reading!!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    HA! Ok ya got me Dianne, yes I have admitted it. Ah, but only in private and never in "public".

    So glad to see you reading along, and I hope you can join next year.
    Happy birthday to your DD today too!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    Hey Dianne! When's your daughter's bday and how old is she? My daughter's bday was yesterday (she turned 9) but we're having her party tomorrow. I've been shopping in between shifts here, lol!

    Anita :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home