A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, November 10, 2006

House Additions

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but we are trying to plan to add on to our house. My poor kids are stuffed in the same small room, and they REALLY need their own rooms. Lucky for us there's a whole lot of unused space directly above the kitchen and bathroom. Not so lucky is the fact that I really don't know any contractors to do the framing work.

I did happen to find this site though, where I found Local Contractor Services. Just took a few minutes of my time to locate a reliable contractor, and I can hopefully compair rates as well.

Honestly I have no idea how much we are going to be able to loan to get this project finished, but once I have a better idea of how much it's going to cost I can plan accordingly. My ex has already agreed to do the finishing work just as long as I can get the frame up. Weird I know, but at least my son will get a kick out of his dad being here working on the house. Wouldn't be the first time...he put in a new front door last year. Granted it was him that broke it to begin with, but that's beside the point. I pay him, he sends it to child support. Everyone wins!

Back to the site though, I really do hope to find someone who can do this for as little as possible AND knows what they are doing. Sure I could probably contact my uncle, but it took him 6 months just to put up drywall in the hallway. No thanks. Would rather find someone who does this seriously for a living, and specializes in framing work. Which is another cool thing about this site, you can request information based on the job. Very cool!

Crossing my fingers we can get this job started soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home