A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DNA - Domain Names Anonymous

Lately I've been doing a lot of side-work designing websites for friends and family. I must say I've been enjoying the creativity vent it gives me ... not to mention the ability to enjoy the desiging aspect WITHOUT adding yet another website to my already too long list.

I seriously think buying domain names and creating websites is an addiction. However, I know for myself ... the domain name buying is the worse of the two. It's just so easy and when you have an idea, you HAVE to go buy it, right? If you don't then someone else will, right? Alright everyone ... I KNOW you're all out there. I think we need to create a new support group called DNA - Domain Names Anonymous. How many domain names do YOU own?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger maria said…

    I only have one domain names
    but thinking of getting a few
    others for some small websites.

    How many do you have?

    Have you ever sold a domain name?

    Marie

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Good topic Anita!

    I lost track some time ago, but I'm sure the number is over 10. You know you've got too many when you can't even remember what you've got! LOL!

    Oh and yes, I have sold a domain before. Actually the entire site. Was going to sell another, but then it got hacked (the main part of the site was message boards). *sigh* Nevermind! :(

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    Yeah, I know my list is over 10 too. Actually, I'm willing to bet a little closer to 20, lol. Like you said, you know it's bad when you can't remember!

    I have not sold just the single domain names but yes, I have sold entire websites with the domain name.

    mzwizard - sell what? The domain names or the ideas? LOL! I say that because, I personally would love to be able to sell ideas! But selling domain names - yes, you can do that ;-)

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I have 31 domains, currently...mine and clients'.

    I've never sold a domain, but I've let a few expire (on purpose).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home