A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who Knew Programming Was Hard?

I sure wish someone would have told me before I went back to school that computer programming wasn't easy. Alright so I knew I was going to have to put effort into it, but had no idea I was going to get this lost along the way. I'm still trying to figure out what half of this stuff has to do with my ultimate goal of being able to write programs.

The worst of these classes has to be COBOL. Not because of the level of difficulty, but because it's one of the oldest programming languages. Which means NO ONE USES IT! Trying to get help outside of the class is a joke, since everyone just looks at you funny and wonders why in the world you want to write codes in COBOL. Why not Java or some other up-to-date language? Because I can't take those classes yet. :( Yesterday I felt like throwing in the towel and just saying forget it, but I didn't. Little by little I sacrificed my entire day to muddle through the program. Just before supper last night, the program was DONE and actually working the way it was suppose to. BIG sigh of relief since it was due within a few hours. If I don't get an A on this project, it's not going to be pretty around here.

While I feel tons better the project is done and there's only one left to do for the class, there's still the matter of a Statistics project and test due Friday. I thought that was going to be a somewhat easy class, but boy was I wrong. Lessons are getting more and more involved, and I'm having a heck of a time keeping up. Luckily after this project, there's only 2 more short chapters put together with another project, then the final test.

Exactly one month from now I'll be completely done with all of the classes this semester. I'm just hoping I come out of this with decent grades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home