A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Work Habits at Home and Days Off

Yes by posting here I'm buying time. Procrastinating. Putting off what I know should be done. For some reason I just don't want to do anything. Well, I DO, but games are calling me saying "come on...you know you need a day off!". Hey, after all I DID get the press release sent out for the "Stay at Home with Your Kids Day".

Also while I'm staring at my list of things I wanted to accomplish this week (which my black dry erase marker died last night, so today's list is in a bright blue and bugging me very badly), I keep thinking of OTHER things that I could do. Which I suppose I should just go with what is calling me as long as it's productive. But then that silly "To-do list" haunts me. Saying "Hey! Slacker! You didn't do everything this week!".

*Sigh*

I have to wonder, when you work for yourself and just absolutely DO NOT want to do anything, is it ok to take a mini vacation? Do we all need time to relax (other than the weekend), and regroup? How productive can we really be if we are contantly burned out?

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, and just trying to come up with an excuse to go play games. Maybe I'm just stressing too much over what needs to be accomplished this month (both online and with family stuff).

Done rambling for now...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    Forget a mini vacation...take a HUMONGOUS vacation. Why are you feeling guilty? :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home