A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Survived Thanksgiving Weekend

When I say "survived", I don't mean I went out fighting for cheap DVDs and toys at 5am the morning of Black Friday. No, my weekend stretched out much longer than just a few hours of total chaos.

If all you had to do was show up at a Thanksgiving celebration, then Thursday was no big deal. Wasn't a big deal to me, since all I brought was veggie pizza to snack on before the turkey was out. Huge hit, so glad I brought it. Unfortunately I made to much and had to take most home. Lovely, my kids hate it and that leaves just me to eat it. (It's not a hot pizza, it's a cold pizza-like appetizer). I tried to pawn some off on mom today, but she forgot it (of COURSE!).

After we ate and had our family time on Thanksgiving, I headed out to Walmart with one kid in tow. The other went to his dad's, so we were able to pick up a few toys for him last minute. I'm officially done shopping for the kids, HURRAY! I tell you what though - if you can make time for shopping on Thanksgiving, DO IT! There was absolutely NOONE there, and we didn't even have to wait in line. Yeah I know, totally unheard of at Walmart. Not a single soul between us and the checkout person. SWEET!

The rest of the weekend was what got to me. While I would have loved to just spend all three days sewing gifts and relaxing, I couldn't. We paid for a table at a craft show instead that lasted the entire weekend. I thought it was going to be more busy than it was, but I was still pleased with the sales. Although come Sunday night I was seriously ready to crash and glad it was all over. I'm lazy and spend most of my days sitting on my rear in front of the computer, so when I'm forced to stand for 6-8 hours three days in a row I get tired very quickly.

In addition to the craft show which left me with very little energy, I had a friend who was planning on stopping by Saturday night. I was trying to get the house cleaned prior to this, but it wasn't working out too well since I was trying to plan for everything else. Much to my surprise, I find a message on my phone Friday when I got home saying he might be coming Friday too (which he did). C-R-A-P!! Here I wanted to just do absolutely nothing because I was so tired, but OH NO, I had to turbo-clean since he'd be over in about 2 hours. By the time he got here I was nearly asleep! He did return Saturday as well, but luckily I wasn't so rushed that day.

If all this wasn't enough, we had to add a few "after hours" beers and glasses of wine (and little sleep) to the mix, making this one extremely long weekend. Although when you have the opportunity to visit with family, goof off with a friend, AND make a few hundred bucks all in one weekend....well ya can't complain. I really am glad I'm back to a normal routine though. I'm such a creature of habit! *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home