A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Back To Work - Hurray!

The day after Christmas and it's back to work....HURRAY! No, that's not sarcasm. I really AM happy to be back. I couldn't wait to jump on the computer this morning and return to some sort of normal routine that didn't involve wrapping paper or toys. The house still looks like the North Pole exploded, but that's a different story.

I really was excited to get back to work today. It was time to work on link exchanges a bit, since I hadn't done that in I don't know how long. Some sites I've never done it for, and some are so new it hadn't even been thought of yet. I really do prefer to do main page exchanges rather than traditional link exchanges, but figured I should get at least some "regular" exchanges done.

In between family stuff this weekend, I worked on getting a link exchange page and regular "link to us" page done on my candle site. Instead of a few regular home page links, I added other side pages to the options. Figured it would be a really good idea to have a little variety out there as far as links back go. Some of my internal pages need the ranking help - the home page really isn't doing that bad.

After I made a few requests for the candle site, I had to go and work on Idea Queen a bit too. It never really had a "real" link page - all that was ever done there was main category page exchanges. Meaning if an exchange of any kind was done, the link didn't go on a "link page" but instead a home page or product page. Since traditional exchanges are easier to do, I figured it was time to set something up. So it also got it's own link exchange page. It's a bit more complicated, and I'm requiring specific sites use specific links from the site. Very few will be using the home page, since I'm still clueless on how to optimize it for the search engines. My fault for making the site such a wide topic. No one searches for general ideas for parents.

Since I had planned to send out a general message to a few groups, I threw The Scrapbooking Source in the mix too. It's still just a baby and can use all the incoming links it can get at this point. I feel a bit bad that I haven't been working on it lately, but I think it's time to back away slightly. I want to see how well it does with rankings and popularity before I put more time into it, or see what else needs to be done.

Hoping tomorrow I have quite a few links to work with. It's so hard to wait on projects when I want it done right this very minute. What's even worse for me though is waiting for the search engines to catch up with me and acknowledge the things I've done to the site. I'm the type of person who wants to see immediate results, which is a hard to deal with when you are working with search engines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home