A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Easy Homemade Pizza Crust

It never fails - whenever you are in a hurry is when whatever you need is lost. Tonight I decided to make pizza but was running a bit behind. I needed my pizza crust recipe and of course, it's GONE. No idea what happen to it (although I might have pitched the printed paper last time I made it, thinking I had it somewhere on my computer or online). So then I start searching for it on my computer, and also nowhere to be found. Well I know there was one issues of MHMM Ezine where I gave away my "special pizza crust recipe", so I ended up having to track down that issue. HOLY CRAP what a hassle!! I finally found it 20 mins after starting my search, knowing I had to get it done RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, the recipe is now saved safely on my computer and reprinted with the copy in my recipe drawer. I'm posting the recipe here for your enjoyment....well ok, mostly so if it gets lost again I'll have a better idea of where it is. *grin*

Easy Homemade Pizza Crust

3/4 c. warm water about 80 degrees F
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 Tbl. brown sugar
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (avoid garlic - yeast will not rise)
1 Tbl. dry milk
2 1/4 c. Unbleached white flour
1 tsp. active dry yeast.

---------
In Bread Machine:
Add ingredients in order in bread machine, making small indention in flower for yeast (Make sure it does not touch liquid). Set bread machine on "dough".

*OR*

By Hand:
If you don't have a bread machine, mix ingredients together and kneed dough for 5 minutes. Lightly coat with olive oil and place in bowl. Let rise for 30 minutes.

---------
Use half of dough for thin crust, and freeze the other half if need be. When finished, roll out dough on pizza pan. Poke holes in dough and coat with olive oil, garlic, Italian spices, and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 mins at 425 degrees. For pizzas with lots of extra toppings, bake at lower temp.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    You know, every time you mention your bread machine I keep thinking I NEED one!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    I couldn't live without mine now, I'm so spoiled. Crockpot can go, but my bread machine stays LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home