A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm Not Laughing Now

A few days ago I was here ranting about how crazy Anita (and others) were for going shopping on Black Friday. I laughed and said you'd never catch me dead out on Black Friday, and thinking about how smart I was for going shopping on Thanksgiving when there was NOONE at Walmart. I had to go to Walmart today to kill some time while I had some work done to my car (a whole other rant)......and I'm not laughing anymore.

I got my daughter a Doodle Bear (well kinda, it's actually a "Doodle Pet") when we went shopping on Thanksgiving for somewhere around $12 I think. I was sly and slipped it under the cart, so she never saw it. I was really wanting the actual bear, but it was almost $20 I believe, so I went for the smaller pet. It had a cute cloth case with it too, so I thought it was worth just as much as the bear and cost less. While in Walmart today, I see jumbo sized Doodle Bears for only $10!!!! Can we say moron? Oh, I was mad. Plus of course other hot deals and continuing specials were still all over the store....only sold out. Grrr. So maybe I wasn't so smart not getting a piece of the action and buying some uber cheap stuff when I could.

I can't say I did all that bad though. The majority of items I've gotten over the past several months, and my "main" shopping trip only cost $50. Still, I'm now kicking myself in the butt for not being "the fool" and shopping on Black Friday. :(

3 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Anita said…

    Hmmm... Need I really say anything?? *Evil Grin*

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    Thanks for keeping the gloating down to a minimum ROFL.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    ROFL! I wasn't going to ... just so you know, lol! Those crowds were worth some of the half priced items I got! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home