A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shhh ... What's that sound?

What is that? Now wait a minute ... I KNOW that sound. I think I do at least. Hold on a minute .......... It's been a while but yes, I know that sound! Know what it is? It's SILENCE! No hubby, no tv, no kids ... it's QUIET! Ahhh, now let me enjoy this for a moment.

Seems as though for the past two months now I've not heard this sound. Actually, it's not really just that I haven't heard the silence, it's that I haven't been able to work like I'm used to. The past week itself has been crazy. We were supposed to be on vacation and let me tell you what, if that was vacation, I'm more than happy to go back to work! It was absolutely beautiful outside so I took advantage of the "fall cleanup" outside. You know, trying to make all the dead looking stuff look good, lol.

Oh, and let's not forget our shopping trip. Yes, I'm one of those fools who goes out on "Black Friday". It's kind of become a tradition for hubby and I. The kiddos stay over night at my inlaws and we wake up super-early to be at Walmart by 5:00 AM. Oh wait, Walmart threw a good one on us this year. We had to be there at 4:00 AM!! Actually, that worked out to our advantage because them starting an hour earlier gave us a chance to hit a couple other stores before the usual 11 AM deal ender. But, I must say Miss Kara I only bought ONE CD and that was at regular price!! ROFL! But, we did get quite a few good deals. We bought the kids each a portable DVD player for only $50 each, I got a new Kodak Easy Share camera and dock for less than $200 and we were able to pick up each of the kids a RoboPet for $30 each (regularly $60 each).

Those were some of the "big deals" were we able to cash in on but there were quite a few more. I must say though, except for a few little things to pick up, we are DONE shopping! I've NEVER been done shopping this early! (Loving that one!)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    I don't care how good the deals were, there's no way I could get up that early to go shopping LOL.

    Oh and I guess there was some news stories which did some investigating about the "before 11am" sales...come to find out there were still items at the same sale price long after the sale was over.

    Either way, glad you had fun shopping even though I still think you are crazy!! LOL!

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    I've heard of that too. Although, that's not the case at our Walmart. LOL! They've had people in line still at 11:00 and by the time they got to check out they wouldn't give them the "sale price". Let me tell you ... I'd be one of those causing the fist fights if that happened to me! LOL! Because you can be standing in line for a LOOOONG time on those days. I must admit though, we did great this time. We got what we wanted, and checked out and was gone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home