A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pork Roast Instead of Pot Roast

There's two weird things about me related to cooking.

For one, I never make pork roast. It's always pork chops or pot roast. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. I really don't like to eat either one, but I love the smell of roast. Kids seem to eat it for the most part, so I guess that works.

The second weird thing about me in the kitchen - I never use my crock pot. I kid you not, I didn't even think I had one for probably 3 years. I can hear the gasps already... and the shocked "WHAT?! I couldn't live without mine!". Well that's great, but I think I could. I have for the most part. Just weird or is something seriously wrong with me? I don't know.

For some strange reason the pork roast just looked really good at the store the other day, so I bought it. Maybe it was on sale, I can't remember now. Either way it came home. I decided there was only one way to cook a pork roast, and that was with BBQ sauce in a crock pot. I had to do some major digging to get out the crock pot, but I finally freed it from where it was tucked away with the other kitchen appliances I never use (coffee maker being one of them, and no I'm not kidding!).

Honestly I can't remember the last time I've made anything in the crock pot, and I swear every time I get it out I'm going to start using it more. Why not? It's easy right?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    I am so not a Pork Roast fan at all. Hubby likes one every once in a while but I tend to "forget" to make the things I don't like. LOL (That's bad, I know.) However, we do have quite a few roasts in the freezer because hubby and some guys from work butcher once a year and the last time we got a whole pig.

    So, when I saw your BBQ recipe yesterday for the ezine ... I thought, hmmm, now I could give that a try.

    Another thing "the guys from hubby's work" like is "pulled pork BBQ sandwiches". I think just to get the danged things out of my freezer, I'll be making some for them soon! LOL!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ladybug Dawn said…

    I'm really not a fan of any roast, but make it every once in awhile. I like the way it smells LOL.

    The kids actually loved this, so I may make it more often. Anything I can find which the kids eat and I don't care for is awesome....like I really need to eat that much lol.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    Yes! The way it smells is the best part about it! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home