A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Friday, December 29, 2006

New Candle Blog

I finally got around to setting up a real blog on WordPress, complete with it's own domain name and everything. As much as I'd like to do that with this blog, I just don't think it's in the cards. I don't want to lose all the hard work we've put into promoting this blog, and all the backward links associated with it. Even though trying to optimize this blog for the search engines is giving me a major headache, moving it just isn't worth it at this point.

The blog associated with Prairie Soy Candles on the other hand, was completely worth moving. There was no backward links, hardly anything indexed, and it had zero PR. So I moved it to it's own domain name, Candle-Talk.com, and I'm already in love with it. I'm sure there's additional SEO work which needs to be done, but I won't know until it's been indexed and I can see how it looks in Google.

What I think I love the most about the new blog is the ability to add categories. It gives the blog a bit more organization, and makes it a whole lot easier to zoom in on specific topics. Who knows, you may talk me into moving this blog to WordPress even yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home