A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Quitting Smoking Update

Well, I'm working on day 2 here. My goal got started a little more quickly than I had originally planned since I ended up in the hospital and I'm not allowed to smoke here.

I did ask for a nicorette patch and they got me that soooo, believe it or not, it's not been too bad! (Phew!) Don't get me wrong, I certainly have my cravings at times but it's not really been that.

I'm really determined to make this happen this time! Hubby said he's going to quit too. Although, those long exhales I hear when I'm talking to him on the phone aren't saying that, lol. But, I've asked him to make sure there wasn't anything left in my car. Like I don't even want to see an empty pack in my trash bag! I've asked him to get rid of the ash trays at home and not to smoke in there for a couple of days till I get home.

I'm no dummy ... I know my house is still going to smell like smoke. I won't ask him to like sanitize everything while he's trying to take care of the kids himself, working full time and making sure he comes to see me in the evenings. But, any little things will help and he's been a complete doll for me!! He's really "holding down the fort" and making sure everything is taken care of! What would I do without him?!?

So, from here it's just going to be one day at a time. In the meantime, I think I need to come up with a nice little reward for myself ... Like something special I can buy myself or do for myself in a week or a month or something ... I mean think of all the money I'm going to be saving!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home