A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Did They Figure it out?

You're probably wondering ... Did who figure what out? I'm talking about these people who create these information products and charge $97 or $147. The ones that I've spent time complaining about in the past. LOL

Well, it looks as though they've finally figured out that they're going to sell to a whole lot more people if they lower these prices. Although I really have to laugh because they've jumped from $97 to $7!!! Not that I'm complaining here. I am a penny pincher so these $7 products are right up my alley!! LOL

I'll admit though, I am a little jealous! I so wish I could come up with an idea ... something that would take off and be huge that everyone would want in on it. Know what I mean? Well, take this for example:

This whole $7 theory started with the $7 Secrets. It's all about how the author, Jonathan Leger, made $3,000+ in 7 days selling a $7 report. It was really a great read and the whole time I'm reading it I'm thinking well, duh ... this is exactly what I've been saying for how long. No, I'm not keeping my prices low to give a sense of less value ... I'm keeping my prices low so everyone can afford it. Now in my own opinion, $7 was probably a little lower than he needed to go but, just a lower price in general would be suffice. For example, majority of our products are $10 - $15.

Anyway, I got a little off track here. Back to why I'm jealous, lol. This whole $7 theory ... the thing I've been saying for I don't know how long, took off like wildfire!!! Seriously, take a look at this: 7 Dollar Offers A whole website devoted to these books. As of today there is over 300 books/reports listed there and this is a fairly new idea.

That's okay ... my big idea WILL come someday ;-)
(And you can take that to the bank ... it's right around the corner! My big break IS coming!)

There's another aspect about the $7 theory that I really like. After you've purchased one of the books/reports and read them, you can easily recommend them to others and earn 100% commission. It's like being an affiliate but different because there's nothing to "sign up to". In the $7 Secrets book, Jonathan shares scripts so that all you have to do is add your paypal email address in the link, share it with others and when someone purchases, all the money goes directly into your paypal account.

For example, if you purchase the $7 Secrets report through this link, you'll notice that the entire amount is going directly into my mommyshelperonline@yahoo.com paypal account. And all I had to do was change the link. How cool is that?!?

And so far the material has been good. Well, at least the ones I've read so far. As a matter of fact, I just sent out a solo ad this morning on a very good one. You'll have to take a look at my recommendation on The No Cost List Building Report. It definitely gets a two thumbs up from me!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home