A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Work on Soy Wax Candles

Yes I know I'm no where even near done with Mom's Market Shops, but I HAD to get some work done on Soy Wax Candles. That site is another that's been driving me nuts and was in need of an update. There's new products to be added, and some major work to be done with the template and TONS of new pages to add, since I've decided to put each product on individual pages. Lots of work yes, but I'm doing this for SEO purposes. I do realise I'm going to have to do some more promotional work on this site, which I'm not looking forward to, but that's alright I can take a day to do it. Shouldn't take me too long to do, and it should be worth it.

Aside from getting quite a bit of work done, we certainly had "one of those days". While waiting for the repair man to show up to fix our AC, we had a storm come and knock out of electricity. What a perfect time - as if it wasn't hot enough in here! I couldn't even run a fan! Apparently it only effected my half of town, as the other half's lights came right back on. How lucky! No, what was really lucky was the fact the repair man showed up 5 minutes after our lights came back on. Boy any earlier and we would have had some REAL problems! I should also be thankful it didn't get real hot until later in the afternoon after the air was fixed. When the lights were out it was still in the lower 70s, so it wasn't too terrible in here (just a little humid because of the storms).  I'm also lucky it only cost me $95 to get the freon charged - it could have cost a lot more.

Well tomorrow is going to be yet another busy day. I would like to finish up the candle website and also get as much work done on Mom's Market as I possibly can so that by Friday I can at least get started on the recipe website. I made some very nice purchases today of recipes that I can resell, so those should keep me very busy for quite awhile! I just can't waite to get started on these!

I'm thinking strongly about purchasing a few cheap $5 templetes to use instead of attempting to build these websites myself. I'm somewhat satisfied with the work I did on the candle site, but think it could be a LOT better. I am no artist, I'm the tweeking queen! Give me a templete and I'll tweek it to the point where it won't look anything like the original but functions the way I want it to. One of these days I'm just going to have to break down and buy a program like DreamWeaver and actually learn it so I can build professional websites. Then again if I can buy templetes at $5 who cares? I have better things to do with my time so best to outsource the things I'm not good at. ;)

Well now, it's way past working hours, but I wanted to come back on for a bit to write about my day. :) Until tomorrow!

~Kara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home