A Tale of 2 WAHMs

Ramblings of 2 WAHMs - Anita DeFrank and Kara Kelso. Partners in business discuss how we manage successful websites and young children at home.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Infomercials

What else is there to do at 5:00 in the morning when you're up all by yourself and you have to keep quiet so as to not wake anyone else up? I refuse to do "actual work" for fear of what it actually looks like, lol! Yeah, I had a rough time falling asleep last night. Did you ever have a night like that? You know you have to get up extra early and you have to get some sleep but, you have have a heck of a time.

So, what do you do? Why you watch tv of course! Do you know what's on tv at this time of the morning? Infomercials! Oh, and my favorite kind too. The money systems! Yeah, you send them 4 easy payments of $49.95 and they'll send you the absolutely guarenteed, no fail system to put extra cash in your pocket! Very little work, super simple, minimal time....Can you say BULL!?! Oh, I loved this last guys comments:

"If you can read you can do it. If you can't read, have someone read it to you."

What?!? How about "If you can't read, go take some classes BEFORE you try to go into 'business'."

No wonder I get tons of emails everyday that look something like this...

"I have two small children and I dread taking them to daycare everyday. I want so badly to work at home. I don't have any money to invest and I can't work that many hours a day. What can I do?"

I wonder where ideas like this come from? Do realize that I work probably double the hours I worked outside the home? It's just that I don't have to commute and I can work the hours I pick. But, if I don't work...I don't get paid. And I don't have anyone else to blame but myself.

Okay off my soap box. Time to change the channel!

Anita :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home